Your privacy is important to us. This privacy notice applies to the personal data of consumers that is collected or used by Innovest Marketing Sdn. Bhd. or its parent company or affiliates or subsidiaries (“Innovest”, “we”, “us” or “our”). Innovest appreciates the interest you have shown in our company, products and services by visiting our websites (“Site”), www.innovest.com.my or related communication channels, including, but not limited to, our social media pages and/or channels and blogs (together “Innovest pages”).
Collection of Personal Information
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to:
- Directly from you;
- From third parties, for example, Innovest’s dealers, social networking platforms;
- When you use our Site varies depending on the settings of your web browser or device
We do not sell, share or trade customers personal information collected online with third parties. Personal information collected online will only be for internal use only. When you interact with Innovest, for instance by registering at Innovest’s e-Warranty, purchasing a product or interacting with us via our pages, e.g. “like us on Facebook”, we may ask for or receive certain data, such as:
- Delivery address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Date of birth;
- Information about the products and services you have purchased;
- Your interests; and
- Other information related to your online behaviour.
Use of Information
The personal information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways, but are not limited to:
- Customer service. We use your information for customer service purposes, including to provide products and services to you; to provide you with a personalized shopping experience; for warranty, technical support, or other similar purposes; and to establish and update your customer account.
- Communication. We use your information to communicate with you, including to respond to requests for assistance and updates relevant to you. We may communicate with you in a variety of ways, including postal mail, email, and/or telephone, etc.
- Marketing. We use your information for marketing purposes, including to provide you with special offers, promotions, news, and newsletters; to contact you about products we think may interest you; to target advertisements to you; to administer contests, promotions, and other offers; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes. Our marketing communications with you may include communications via postal mail, email, and/or telephone, etc.
- Research and development. We use your information for research and development purposes, including to improve our Site, products, services, and customer experience; to understand our customer demographics; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Legal compliance. We use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; and as part of legal proceedings.
- Protection of us and others. We use your information where we believe it is necessary to protect us and others.
Sharing of Information
We share your information with the following entities:
- Corporate Relatives. We may share your information with any current or future parent company, affiliate, or subsidiary.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our contractors, vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may share your information with service providers who host our Site, coordinate mailings, or analyze aggregate information about our customers.
- Innovest Site Users. We may share your information with other Innovest Site users. For example, if you post a review, pictures, or other content on our Site, the contents of your post, as well as other information, such as your username, may be available to all Site visitors.
- Unaffiliated Third Parties. We may share the information we collect about you with other unaffiliated third parties, such as social media and networking platforms. These third parties may use such information for their own Direct Marketing Purposes.
We may also share your information in the following ways:
- Business Transfers. We may share your information with another entity if we or any of our current or future corporate relatives are acquired by or merged with another legal entity, if substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to another legal entity, as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of a similar transfer of assets.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may share your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement; to comply with governmental, administrative, or judicial process or other similar requirement or order, such as a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or governmental agencies any activities that we believe are in violation of applicable laws, rules, or regulations without providing notice.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate or de-identified information about our customers for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
We generally process your personal data only for those purposes that we have communicated with you. If we use it for other (closely related) purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented if required by law.
Once you have provided us with your personal data, you have reasonable access to that information so that you can update, modify or, if legally possible, delete it. For this purpose, we refer you to the Innovest privacy website (www.innovest.com.my/privacy) where you can exercise your rights. On this website you can also post other privacy questions or file your privacy complaints.
You will also be provided with an opt-out opportunity in our commercial messages to you.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and current.
We want to know you better so that we can serve you better while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your personal data.
Your personal data may be transferred from your home country to other Innovest companies in different locations around the world, which may communicate with you about our products, services or special offers that you may be interested in. If local law requires it, we will ask for prior consent to transfer your personal data outside of your geographic region.
If you do not want us to send you personalized offers or information, you can let us know by ticking the appropriate box on the registration form or reply card, or by selecting “opt-out” on emails you receive.
Where local law requires it, we will ask you to “opt-in” or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data. For example, where local law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them. Similarly, where local law so requires, we will ask you to “opt-in” before using sophisticated profiling techniques.
You may have previously provided us with your personal data through reply cards, via our call centres or in some other manner. Of course, you will always have the option to unsubscribe from any targeted communication from us or change your personal profile information as described under “Your Rights”.
Do Not Track Signals
We take privacy and security very seriously and strives to put our website users first in all aspects of our business. We utilize cookies to help you to get the most out of our pages.
Please be aware that we currently do not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s Do Not Track signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website(s) will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or making online purchases.
Linking to other websites
During your online journey across our websites, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Innovest, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-Innovest-owned or managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
Special information for parents
While our websites are not generally targeted at children under the age of 16, it is Innovest’s policy to comply with the law when it requires parent or guardian permission before children’s information is collected, used or disclosed.
We strongly recommend that parents take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person who is under the age of 16, please contact us at our privacy website.
We have taken steps to help protect the information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any information we have collected about you, and your use of our Site indicates that you understand and accept this risk.
You should take steps to protect your account by, among other things, choosing a strong password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password information private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice will be updated from time to time. Changes to this Privacy Notice will go into effect when posted. The new privacy notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using our pages. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Innovest Marketing Sdn. Bhd.
ATTN: Customer Service
Lot 2208, Jalan Kusta, Kampung Jaya Industrial Area, 47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor D.E., Malaysia.